February 16- May 3, 2014
Life Groups are MVBC's way of helping people make friends and apply the Bible by moving from rows in church to circles in homes. They are small groups of people (usually 12-16) who get together regularly to study some aspect of the Bible while getting to know each other. Groups last 10-12 weeks and start and stop together so everyone is new in groups together. Click here or on the group title to sign up. For questions, please click here.
1. STARTING POINTIf you’re new to faith, just checking it out, or coming back to church after some time away, Starting Point is a great first step. Wondering about God, Jesus, or the Bible? Starting Point is an eight-week small group that provides an opportunity to explore faith in a very safe, non-threatening environment. In fact, no question is off-limits. As a result of this group, you’ll experience a taste of what it’s like to be in community with other people on a similar journey. Childcare provided!Day/Time: Sunday / 9:00 AM - 10:30 AMLocation: Moon Valley Bible Church, Phoenix
2. HOW TO STUDY THE BIBLEA foundational study on using Bible Study Methods with the steps of observation, interpretation, application, and correlation. In the process, we will get to know one another, have fun, and study through various examples to get comfortable with the Bible.Day/Time: Sunday / 6:00 PM - 7:30 PMLeaders: Todd and Mary MathisLocation: 16th Street and Union Hills Drive, Phoenix
3. EAST-SIDE LIFE GROUP Have you ever heard a Sunday sermon and wished you could ask questions? “How does this relate to me?” “What difference could this make?” “What does God want me to do with this?” These are the kinds of questions we’ll be considering in this Life Group designed to sync up with the Sunday sermon. With Sunday's sermon as a focus, we will together explore and discover ways to apply biblical principles to everyday life. Day/Time: Sundays / 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Leader: Ricky and Mavis Amano Location: Cactus & 96th Street, Scottsdale
4. FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITYThis is a life-changing program that teaches how to make the right decisions with your money and empowers you with the practical skills and confidence needed to achieve your financial goals and experience true financial peace! It empowers people struggling with financial hardships by establishing a plan to take control of their money. Day/Time: Sundays / 6:00 PM- 8:00 PMLeaders: Brian and Lisa VandenburghLocation: 7th Avenue and Greenway Parkway, Phoenix
5.CALEB'S MEN (for men ages 18-35)Caleb’s Men exists to train men to fearlessly seek to embody biblical masculinity, to see this generation of men powerfully transformed by the power of Jesus. Men are trained in what it means to be wholeheartedly devoted to God and how that training has impacted every aspect in their lives, like leadership, intention, purpose, courage, follow through, and family life.Day/Time: Sunday / 6:00 PM - 8:00 PMLeader: Tim SwansonLocation: Moon Valley Bible Church, Phoenix
6. BELIEVING GOD—Experiencing a Fresh Explosion of Faith (for women)The bride of Jesus Christ in our generation is nearly paralyzed by unbelief. God is calling His bride to a fresh and lavish anointing of faith. This in-depth study examines the lives of Abraham, Moses, and others as examples of persons who believed God. Childcare provided!Day/Time: Tuesday / 9:00 AM - 11:00 AMLeader: Linda GemmillLocation: Moon Valley Bible Church, Phoenix
7. MOMENTUM (for Young Adults)Momentum is designed to serve young adults by providing a firm foundation for their spiritual and practical growth. We want to help young adults with as much as we can with their walk with Jesus, college, relationships, money management, career choices, etc. We meet every week, have a free home-cooked meal together, worship, and talk about God and our lives.Day/Time: Tuesday / 6:00 PM - 8:00 PMLeaders: Jonathan and Olivia ThomasLocation: 7th Avenue and Coral Gables, Phoenix
8. THE GRIEF JOURNEYLosing a loved one is always devastating and life changing. This life group is designed to help you learn more about the grief journey and find solace in God's comfort, the stages of grief and others' experiences. The group will not have a book or homework, simply a time to grow, heal and share your loss with others who understand your pain.Day/Time: Tuesday / 6:30 PM - 8:00 PMLeader: Becky CappsLocation: 7th Street and Thunderbird, Phoenix
9. MOPS & MOMSnext (Open to moms with children birth - school years)Join us for this fun and meaningful season as we go beneath the mess! Moms in nearly every stage of mothering live in messes. From toys and crumbs and spit-up of the younger years, to meals in the car on-the-go and a packed calendar during school years, messes are their natural surroundings. Moms often feel like a mess. They are exhausted, under-showered, and over-tasked. Their past and present might leave them feeling inadequate for God’s love and purposes. “A Beautiful Mess: Embrace Your Story” reminds moms that beauty can come out of their difficult spots. The bruises of life can bring God’s redemption. We will Embrace Your Story — and remind moms that their past, present and future can be used for good. Childcare provided!Day/Time: 2nd & 4th Thursday / 9:00 – 11:15 AMLocation: Moon Valley Bible Church, Phoenix
10. GRACE—More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We ImagineTHIS GROUP IS FULL!God’s grace has a drenching about it. A wildness about it. A white-water, riptide, turn-you-upside-downness about it. Grace comes after you. It rewires you. From insecure to God secure. From regret riddled to better-because-of-it. From afraid to die to ready to fly. Grace is the voice that calls us to change and then gives us the power to pull it off.
Day/Time: Thursday / 6:30 PM - 8:30 PMLeaders: John and Linda GemmillLocation: 15th Avenue and Dunlap, Phoenix
11. THE REASON FOR GOD—Conversations on Faith and Life (for men)In the New York Times bestselling book The Reason for God, Timothy Keller established himself as a modern-day C. S. Lewis who brings together faith and intellect, theology and popular culture, modern-day objections and historic Christian beliefs. Using literature, philosophy, and scripture, Keller and the group explore the truth of Christianity.Day/Time: Thursday / 7:00 PM - 8:30 PMLeader: Ron TurnerLocation: 3rd Avenue and Coral Gables, Phoenix
12. RELATIONSHIPS—A Mess Worth Making (for women)THIS GROUP IS FULL!While skillfully identifying the deeper issues that keep relationships less than they are designed to be, Tim Lane and Paul Tripp show readers how to experience the other side of relationships as well. They convincingly testify of the power of God's presence to bring believers to the place where: conflicts actually get resolved, tough conversations turn out positive, forgiveness is granted and real love is expressed and shared, casual relationships mature into deep friendships, weaknesses are overlooked and strengths are applauded, and people are honest without being mean.Day/Time: Thursday / 7:00 PM - 8:30 PMLeaders: Annette Turner and Cathy KerreyLocation: 5th Avenue and Coral Gables, Phoenix
13. THE PURSUIT OF HOLINESSGod commands us to be holy. Part of our holiness is God's work but we have a role in pursuing holiness too. What is our role? Whether you're continuing your pursuit of holiness or just beginning, the principles and guidelines in The Pursuit of Holiness will challenge you to obey God's command of holiness. Some preparation is expected.Day/Time: Every other Friday / 7:00 PM - 8:30 PMLeaders: Dale and Carla CrossmanLocation: 20th Street and Greenway Parkway, Phoenix
© 2014 Moon Valley Bible Church. All rights reserved.