September 15, 2013 - December 7, 2013
Life Groups are MVBC's way of helping people make friends and apply the Bible by moving from rows in church to circles in homes. They are small groups of people (usually 12-16) who get together regularly to study some aspect of the Bible while getting to know each other. Groups last 10-12 weeks and start and stop together so everyone is new in groups together. Click here or on the group title to sign up. For questions, please click here.
1. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WOMEN SAY YES TO GOD (for women)THIS GROUP IS FULL!Do you want to experience life in extraordinary ways? Then see what happens when you say yes to God. Embrace simple obedience and watch it transform your life into a remarkable journey. Through stories of inspiration and looking into God’s word, we will experience God’s presence.Childcare Available!
Day/Time: Sundays / 9:00 AM - 10:15 AMLeader: Nancy Crabtree and Diane Norris Location: Moon Valley Bible Church, Phoenix
2. THE ART OF MARRIAGE Every Marriage is unique, expressed by the colorful personalities of each spouse and textured by the circumstances at play in their lives. Blending these to make marriage work is a divinely inspired art form — challenging to master but definitely worth the effort. Join us Sunday evenings as we learn new skills to live out God's design for marriage.Please indicate if childcare is needed!Day/Time: Sundays / 4:00 PM - 6:00 PMLeaders: Jeremy and Emily PodbornyLocation:12th Street and Union Hills, Phoenix
3. EAST-SIDE LIFE GROUP Have you ever heard a Sunday sermon and wished you could ask questions? “How does this relate to me?” “What difference could this make?” “What does God want me to do with this?” These are the kinds of questions we’ll be considering in this Life Group designed to sync up with the Sunday sermon. With Sunday's sermon as a focus, we will together explore and discover ways to apply biblical principles to everyday life. Day/Time: Sundays / 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Leader: Ricky and Mavis Amano Location: Cactus & 96th Street, Scottsdale
4. RUMORS OF GOD (for men) Authors Darren Whitehead and Jon Tyson share compelling stories about the work and activity of God today. Packed with fresh cultural observations and illuminating Scriptural insights, the Rumors of God Study will ignite a passion in your heart to see your faith come to life. Day/Time: Mondays / 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM Leader: Mike MabryLocation: 32nd Street and Beardsley, Phoenix
5. A WOMAN'S HEART – GOD’S DWELLING PLACE (for women) Perhaps no Old Testament event so dramatically illustrates God's persistent desire to relate to His children as the building of the tabernacle in the wilderness. Through the tabernacle God initiated a deeper relationship with His Chosen People by bringing reconciliation and revealing His glory. In this study you will be challenged to prepare your heart, like the holy of holies, to become a home for His love and glory — a dwelling place for the Most High God. Cost: $20. Childcare provided! Day/Time: Tuesdays / 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM Leader: Linda Gemmill Location: Moon Valley Bible Church, Phoenix
6. PLAYING GODHave you ever taken a moment to think about how much power you have? Even if you're not a world leader, you have power over family members, co-workers, neighbors, or even strangers. The question is: what will you do with that power? Will you leverage it for good? Or will you fall under its subtle spell? Day/Time: Tuesdays / 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM Leaders: Tim and Allison Swanson Location: 40th Street and Greenway, Phoenix
7. JESUS: UNCENSORED: A raw, in-depth look at the man who claimed to be God MOMENTUM is the young adult ministry at MVBC. MOMENTUM is designed to serve young adults by providing a firm foundation for their spiritual and practical growth. We want to help young adults with as much as we can: their walk with Jesus, college, relationships, money management, career choices, etc. We meet every Tuesday night from 6-8pm during the school year, have a free home-cooked meal together, worship together and talk about God and our lives. Day/Time: Tuesdays/ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Leaders: Jonathan and Olivia Thomas Location: 7th Avenue and Coral Gables, Phoenix
8. THE PARABLES OF JESUSTHIS GROUP IS FULL!Woven from the stuff of everyday life, the parables of Jesus made the kingdom of God understandable and accessible to his listeners. Through this Deep Connection DVD study you will gain new insights into His parables and their meanings that will help you to appreciate more fully their relevance for your own life. With maps and pictures, outlines, key Scripture verses, discussion questions, and an optional personal five-day Bible study for each session, you get the most out of The Parables of Jesus, both in your group and in applying what you learn to your life. Day/Time: Thursday / 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM Leader: John and Linda Gemmill Location: 15th Avenue and Dunlap, Phoenix
9. MOPS & MOMSnext (for mothers of preschoolers and school-age kids) Moms join us for the NEW season of MOPS & MOMSnext at Moon Valley as we go beneath the mess! Moms in nearly every stage of mothering live in messes. From toys and crumbs and spit-up of the younger years, to meals in the car on-the-go and a packed calendar during school years, messes are their natural surroundings. Moms often feel like a mess. They are exhausted, under-showered, and over-tasked. Their past and present circumstances and decisions can leave them feeling inadequate for God’s love and purposes. This year’s theme, “A Beautiful Mess: Embrace Your Story” reminds moms that beauty can come out of their difficult spots. The grime of mothering children at any stage brings the beauty of motherhood. The bruises of life can bring God’s redemption. We will Embrace Your Story — and remind moms that their past, present and future can be used for good. God knows where each of us has been, where we are today and has set in motion where we are headed. Childcare provided!Day/Time: 2nd & 4th Thursdays/ 9:00 – 11:15 AM Leaders: Various Experienced MomsLocation: Moon Valley Bible Church, Phoenix
© 2013 Moon Valley Bible Church. All rights reserved.